Best Confidence Building Books of 2007
Without a doubt, 2017 was the most connected, happy, and grateful year of my life. The events and experiences of the last year were like a dream and unfolded in a way that I could have never imagined. I started the year with a list of goals and only shared them with my closest friends and family. Goals are critical to my creative ambition and core to my happiness. I set a high bar for the upcoming year and remained open to the Creator to fulfill my destiny.
Books help me develop the foundation of knowledge necessary to attain my goals. They are essential in jogging my awareness to alternative ideas and concepts related to my definition of success. They establish a basis for thinking I find difficult to produce under my own free will. What’s more humbling is the timing of each event and the perfection of the flow of wisdom. Just when I needed the lesson the most, the words of an author would ring out in my mind, at precisely the right time. I heard what I needed to hear, and then at exactly the right moment, a situation would present itself and I’d put the lesson into action.
Don’t get me wrong; I struggled this year. Lots of conflict and emotion, mixed with confusion, doubt, and hope. Most of it related to the publication of my book, “The Bug in Our Brain” and the sale of Cloud Technology Partners to Hewlett Packard Enterprises. These events, as well as the birth of my first grandchild, a full knee replacement, 180,000 domestic miles on United, two intense public speaking Bootcamps, and many client engagements, shaped a fantastic year.
The sources of my truth varied throughout the year – each coming into my life at the right moment with the right message.
Here are my sources of truth from 2017: Audible (A), Kindle (K), podcasts (P) and hardback (H) publications I listen to or read in 2017.
- The Surrender Experiment – Michael Singer (A). Currently reading now.
- A Curious Mind: The Secret to a Bigger Life – Brian Grazer (A)
- Seven Secrets of the Corporate Mystic – Gay Hendricks (A)
- The Odyssey – Homer, Robert Fagles translation (A). This was fantastic!
- Building a Story Brand – Donald Miller (A). A must for anyone building a brand.
- The Power of Now – Eckhart Tolle (A) (Yes, this was on last year’s list too!)
- The Wisdom of Joseph Campbell – Joseph Campbell (A). Wonderful interviews with JC.
- The Untethered Soul – Michael Singer (A). Game-changing. Thanks, Gary for the recommendation.
- The Phoenix Project – Gene Kim (A). A technology standard and must read.
- Brain Rules: 12 Principles for Surviving and Thriving – John J. Medina (A)
- The Inner Game of Tennis – W. Timothy Gallwey (A) – Note: I do not play tennis, it came recommended as a great metal awareness book. It is excellent.
- Autobiography of a Yogi – Paramahansa Yogananda (A)
- The Power of Myth – Joseph Campbell (A) – (Yes, again)
- The 10x Rule – Grant Cardone (A). Not recommended. Felt it was in complete opposite to allowing the flow. However, I did listen!
- Unshakeable – Tony Robbins (A)
- How Not To Die – Michael Greger, MD (A)
- Wishes Fulfilled – Dr. Wayne Dyer (A)
- The Power of Unlimited Imagination – Neville Goddard (A)
- The Power of Awareness – Neville Goddard (A)
- Meditations – Marcus Aurelius, Naxos Audiobooks (A). A leader’s bible. Without a doubt one of my most important books.
- Shoe Dog – Phil Knight (A). Wonderful!
- Worthy – Nancy Levin (A)
- Oola – Dave Braun (A). Pretty bad.
- Iron John – Robert Bly (A)
- I Can See Clearly Now – Dr. Wayne Dyer (A)
- It Starts With Food – Melissa Hartwig (A)
- Meditations for Manifestation – Dr. Wayne Dyer (A)
- Man’s Search for Meaning – Victor Frankl (A). An absolute read for anyone.
- The Four Agreements – don Miguel Ruiz (A). Game-changing. This is my third time reading it.
- 10% Happier – Dan Harris (A). Wonderful book!
- The War of Art – Steven Pressfield (A)
- The Road Less Traveled – M. Scott Peck (A). My third time reading it. So powerful.
- The Bug in Our Brain – Robert Christiansen (K). Wonderful book! LOL
- You are the Message – Roger Ailes (K). The public speaker’s bible. Must read if you are in the game of speaking.
- Pitch Perfect – Bill McGowen (K). Another public speaker’s bible. Super book.
- Tribe of Mentors – Tim Ferriss (H). Just go it and love it.
- Tim Ferriss Radio Show (P)
- The Doppler – Cloud Technology Partners weekly magazine and podcasts.